Teacher Training: Sept 2016 – Jan 2017
We are very excited to offer a 200-hour teacher training! If you are interested in becoming a teacher or deepening your practice, this could be the program for you. Included in your training: in-depth study of ethics, asana, anatomy, philosophy, pranayama, practice teaching, feedback on your teaching, hands-on adjustments, the business of being a yoga teacher, restorative yoga, select readings, special guest teachers (in addition to the wonderful Jaya teachers Carla, Ramit, Sarah, Judy, David…) and the list goes on. For the duration of the program you will be able to take unlimited classes at both Jaya studios. Every single trainee will teach a 75 minute class to the Jaya Yoga Center community as a final project.
Dates: 12 Weekends
September 30-October 1
October 7-9, 14-16, 28-30
November 4-6, 18-20
December 2-4, 9-11, 16-18
January 6-8, 13-15
Investment of $3300. Early bird discount $2950 if paid in full by August 23. $500 non-refundable down payment is required to reserve your place in the training.
2–3 weekends per month (100% attendance is required). All weekends are Friday–Sunday:
Friday evening class from 7:00–9:00PM
Saturday and Sunday class from 1:00–5:00PM
1 monthly Kirtan Saturday from 7:00–8:30PM
1. Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
2. The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T. K. V. Desikachar (this book has the translation of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali we will use for the training)
3. Gita Wisdom by Joshua Greene
4. More books to be announced.
1. Attendance at 2 classes per week.
2. Monthly mentor meetings of one hour.
3. Teaching a community class: After graduation each new teacher will be required to teach a 75 minute Jaya Community Class.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Video & Photos
Jaya Yoga Center is a registered 200-hour yoga school with Yoga Alliance.